Education is important to all of us here at Marlboro Electric, and our Board of Trustees are interested in making studying fun. The Give Us An ‘A’ program was developed as a way to reward students for their hard work throughout the school year.
How It Works
If you make at least one “A” on your report card, send MEC a copy of it for a chance to win $25. Marlboro Electric Cooperative and Women Involved in Rural Electrification (WIRE) will award eight students twice a year. All age groups of primary, elementary, middle and high school students will have two winners and two drawings for category grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12. This contest is open to all students in our service area of Marlboro and Dillon counties.
We will list the winners in “South Carolina Living” magazine and in the local newspapers. Marlboro Electric Cooperative, Inc. and WIRE are very excited about this program and we hope you feel the same!
If you have any questions, call Marlboro Electric Cooperative at 1-800-922-9174. Visit our Contact Us page for mailing information.
Instructions and Rules
- ANY student attending a school in Marlboro or Dillon County may enter the drawing.
- Must make at least one “A” on your quarterly report cards. This excludes interim reports.
- You may mail your report card (original or copy), fax it or come by our office and we will make a copy if you want the original. We will not be responsible for mailing the original report card back to you.
- Make sure you circle the A on the report card.
- Must have: your name, mailing address, and phone number on your report card.
- Mail to: Give Us An A, Marlboro Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 1057, Bennettsville, S.C. 29512
- If you prefer, it may be faxed to (843) 479-8990.
- Fill out and submit our Scholarship Application
Remember, all you have to do is just Give Us An ‘A’!