The Marlboro Electric Scholarship Committee presents
The MEC 2020/21 Scholarship
Open to children of current Marlboro Electric members, this scholarship is available to those who plan to, or are currently attending any 2-year or 4-year college as a full-time student. Annual awards available are up to $9,500!
Please visit our website or find us on Facebook to download the application. The application deadline is Friday, March 13!
- Selected applicants will be required to provide a final transcript before issuance of scholarship.
- Scholarships will be renewed each semester of attendance, not exceeding the two- or four-year limit, based
on cumulative GPA obtained within each year the scholarships have been applied. This payment will be sent
to the financial-aid business office of the applicant’s chosen school each qualifying fall or spring semester and applied to the recipient’s school account.
- To renew the scholarship, recipients must maintain a GPA of 2.7 or higher, based on a 4.0 scale.
- Student progress will be reviewed annually following each academic school year. Students who fall below the minimum GPA requirement and full-time status of at least 12 hours each semester will be ineligible to further receive the scholarship.
- Students who are eligible for the LIFE or HOPE scholarships, or other academic scholarships, are eligible to receive the scholarship. In such cases, the amount of the Marlboro Electric Cooperative, Inc. Scholarship may be used to supplement the other scholarships received, but the total scholarship package may not exceed the total cost of the college’s tuition and fees.
Postmarked by March 13: Current transcript and completed scholarship application
Please mail applications to: Marlboro Electric Cooperative, Inc.; Scholarship Program Coordinator; P.O. Box 1057; Bennettsville SC 29512
For questions, please call (843) 454-2895.
RECIPIENTS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE NOTIFIED ON OR BEFORE JUNE 1.